Here's a bit of a summer challenge: match each quote to one of the books now on display in the new book area. Then come on in and find something enlightening to read this summer!
- Using cognitively sophisticated monkeys and apes as organ donors has become taboo, so researchers are now focusing on pigs...
- The cosmic microwave background has proven to be an extraordinarily useful tool for understanding structure in space.
- Without proper anesthetic... the bear is tied down by ropes, and a metal catheter, which eventually rusts, is permanently stuck through his abdomen into his gall bladder... the relief of death comes far too slowly.
- ...by revealing the fine texture and granularity of the world the microscope seemed to offer the hope that what was once occult would become manifest.
- I was surprised to learn that dogs lose interest when meat decays past a certain point. It is a myth that dogs will eat anything.
The above quotes came from (this is where the guessing starts):
Edge of the UniverseThere are many other interesting new books on display - the shelves are practically overflowing! Something for everyone.
Curiosity: How Science Became Interested in Everything
Gulp: Adventures on the Alimentary Canal
How Animals Grieve