- Field Notes from a Catastrophe: man, nature, and climate change.
- The Weather Makers: how man is changing the climate and what it means for life on earth.
- An Inconvenient Truth: the planetary emergency of global warming and what we can do about it.
- The Reluctant Mr. Darwin: an intimate portrait for Charles Darwin and the making of his theory of evolution.
- The Worst Hard Time: the untold story of those who survived the great American dust bowl.
- The Omnivore's Dilemma: a natural history of four meals.
Monday, November 27, 2006
Books for Holiday Giving
Bruce Barcott, a contributing editor for Outside magazine, offered this list of favorite books for 2006 during a recent interview on Living on Earth (LOE). You'll find all of them in the college library, either in science or main, so you can review them yourself before buying a copy for a friend!